Marie et Yves Bonneaud
Le Gîte-Auberge de Montvilliers
Ancienne Ecole de Montvilliers
73 210 Aime
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone : +33 (0)4 79 09 75 43
Fax : +33 (0)4 79 55 32 29
- In Albertville, take the expressway to Moutiers.
- At the end of expressway take the left lane and follow signs for Aime, Bourg Saint-Maurice.
- 13 km later, exit the main highway and follow signs for La Plagne
- After a descent, passing under two bridges, and about 500 yards uphill, take the road road on the right, following signs to Longefoy and Montalbert Follow it for 2 km.
- After a hairpin, take a road on the left signposted Montvilliers. The road is steep, narrow and windy.
- Another 2 ½ km. later, our house is on the left, just as you enter the hamlet.
- The Aime-La Plagne station is serviced during winter ski and summer seasons by TGV from Paris, by Thalys from Brussels and by Eurostar from London.
Outside these periods regional trains catch the TGV connections in Chambery.
There are 4 different airports you can land at.
- Chambéry: is the closest airport (1hr and ¼) but flights are only from certain UK airports and only during the ski season. Moreover, the airport is not equipped for landing in bad weather conditions.
- Grenoble: (2 hours) is the one out of which it is the quickest in and out, especially of you rent a car.
- Lyon: (2hrs ¼) The simplest route to get there (Motorway from the airport all the way to Moutiers, 25 mn. from us) However the airport is often overcrowded, and the traffic can be terrible in winter during school breaks, on Saturdays.
- Geneva: (2 hrs and ¼) The airport with the most flight destinations is also well organized and efficient - The drive to and from is scenic but not very straightforward. Driving through the city of Annecy and along the lake can be very enjoyable if you have a good map.
If you are one or two, you can choose to take a bus from the airport to Aime rail station where we will come and get you. The inconvenience is that you are not in control of your schedule. Lyon and Geneva seem to have the most frequent departures these days.
From three persons onwards it is more economical to hire a car which gives you a full control over your timetable. Best fares are offered through low cost airline web sites, tying them in with your flight. If flying into Geneva rentals on the French side are cheaper than on the swiss side, but you don’t get either snow tyres (which are compulsory in Switzerland and sometimes very handy as you get close to your destination) or a swiss Motorway sticker.
Our very own airport transfer. We highly recommend it for families or groups. We wait for you upon your flight arrival within the airport terminal. You leave the driving to us, and when its time to return home, You depart in due time for your flight departure and we drop you off at the proper terminal. All you need are your passports!